The first of our online events, union coops stateside, took place on Oct 1st, and the video recording is available here:-
Future events can be booked via our Eventbrite page:-
We are working on an exiting events programme to run until May 2022. Sign up now and we’ll email with details of each event as soon as they’re booked
Events series sponsored by BFAWU, MU, and Co-operative Ways Forward
A single ticket booking, available now, free of charge, will get you access to all the online events in this series. A donation towards our costs would be most appreciated, but is not a requirement.
Please choose either “donation ticket” or “free ticket”.
Oct 2nd 2021 – Our first online event, featuring Michael Peck (1worker1vote – USA) and other USA colleagues was a great success with delegates and attendees rating it highly
November/December 2021 – (Date/time to be confirmed) Colm Massey (Solidarity Economy Association) with trade union and co-operative colleagues from Rojava (North & East Syria)
More dates in 2022 – (Dates/times to be confirmed) A series of further online events covering some of the topics below
- How can we ‘build back better’ after Covid-19?
- What can union activists do to fight for decent work and democracy?
- How can workers get control over our daily working lives?
- What can we do to promote democracy in the workplace?
- Do we have to accept the gig economy and precarity?
- Is the union co-op a model whose time has come?
We hope some of our panel of speakers may include:-
- Cheryl Barrott (Co-op Party)
- Miguel Martinez-Lucio (University of Manchester)
- Ian Manborde (Equality & Diversity Organiser – Equity)
- Michael Peck (1worker1vote – USA)
- Ian Wilson (CASE)
- Sion Whellens (Workers Co-op Council)
- Sarah Woolley (Gen Sec BFAWU)
- David Barnard (Musicians Union)